Sunday, April 26, 2009

Late Spring Garden Items


Dawn and I planted strawberries in November and we finally got a few! However, the sow bugs got to most of them first. Thre are plenty of more green ones to watch for and protect from insects. There is also many green and red bell peppers and Anaheim peppers ready to be picked. I usually use those for scrambeled eggs and salads and they are great! 


Last week I planted yellow squash and cucumber. There is also red chard that we can use to feed Dawn's pet. The Moito Mint is growing really well. I will need to trim that soon as it grows like a weed. I can use that to make mint lemondade or just add to some ice water.

I will make sure that everything gets watered regularly since the new plants are only a few inches and need to get established. It is safe to say that a wide variety of vegetables, herbs,  and fruits will grow in Phoenix as long as there is some partial shade. Also making an above-ground garden helps since the soil is a rich mix of planting soil.

Feel free to post some questions!

No comments: