Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hallowen Party 2008





This year brought new props to the mix of Halloween decorations throughtout the 4 years that I have had the annual party.

If you are not familiar with the 3 main themes I have for Halloween, they are: 1) Haunted Mansion, 2) Nightmare before Christmas, and 3) Pirates of the Carribean.

This year I had decided to make a life-size Jack Skellington and Zero from the Nightmare before Christmas. It was challenging to build a 6 foot tall Jack and that was Dawn's project. I also did a large clock that was hung in the front of the house.

This was design after the one featured in Disneyland during the Haunted Mansion Holiday where the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland is converted by Jack Skellington.

There were approximately 40 people that attended and have a great time every year. I had movies playing in the backyard and a garage that was converted into a music/dance room.

Next should be even better. I plan on doing more special effects using: animatronics and X10 electronics which provide a way to programmtically turn lights on an off and other electonic devices.

If you have any ideas for the next year I would like to hear from you!

No comments: